Posted on September 22, 2021
I came across this vintage poster from a Russian gym teacher today. It featured step by step instructions for how to “?????-????” or “break dance”. I immediately had to convert it into a gif.
The original image was shared via Soviet Visuals on Twitter.
Posted on September 19, 2021
I was practicing a new yo-yo move called a Möbius Kickflip, but I kept dropping my yo-yos. So I bought one of those pads for standing desks to help soften the landing. I had fun creating a yo-yo beat using the sounds of the dropped yo-yo in this video.
Here is another version of the trick, with less music but more flair.
Posted on September 11, 2021
I’m so excited about the Dune movie that I’m doing everything I can to avoid seeing any trailers or photos before its release, but the news of Dune NFTs still managed to spoil the film for me.
Why would Legendary Entertainment use NFTs, a technology famous for its high carbon footprint, to promote a story about the dangers destroying our planet?
The marketing team should have seen this coming though. Look at the reactions when Aphex Twin, The Gorillaz, Charmin, Sega, and The Long Now Foundation released NFTs. NFTs offer no added value to a piece of art and are contributing to our climate crisis in the process. Given the negativity towards NFTs, I don’t know why any brand would want to be associated with them.
One common trend in all of these disastrous NFT launches is the follow up tweet announcing that the company knows that Ethereum, the most common blockchain used for NFTs, is a waste of tremendous energy, but they’ll be sure to do some carbon offsets to make up for the damage. Like, why not just cancel the NFT in the first place?
Posted on September 9, 2021
I’ve been seasoning store bought pretzels with my own spices lately and love the results. This works great with Szechuan peppercorn, Chinese five spice, chili powder, or anything else you can think up. For the above recipe I use some “Everything But The Bagel” spice from Trader Joes.
DIY seasoned pretzels
- 1 gallon ziplock bag
- 1 bag Pretzels Use your favorite ordinary pretzel (ie Rolds Gold, Safeway brand, etc). If your seasoning has salt, try using unsalted pretzels.
- 2 tbsp seasoning For this example, I use Trader Joe's "Everything But The Bagel" spice, but use whatever you like and season to taste.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Pour your seasoning and 1/2 cup vegetable oil into the Ziploc bag.2 tbsp seasoning, 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Add the pretzels, close the bag, and shake well.1 bag Pretzels
- Let the bag site for 12-24 hours. Shaking the bag every hour or two to keep the seasoning evenly applied.