Posted on January 15, 2022
I saw this funny tweet about a farmer in turkey who supposedly puts VR headsets onto his cows to keep them happy the other day.
One of the replies said “He did the Matrix with cows!” and I immediately started working on a photoshop version of Morpheus offering pills to Neo.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present The Mootrix:
Posted on January 2, 2022
Happy New Year! There was a bunch of great art that came out last year, I just wanted to make a list of my favorite pieces. I might keep adding to this list as I remember things from last year, but let’s get started:
Favorite Games of 2021
I played some great games last year.
- 3) BioMutant (PS4, Xbone, or PC)
- 2) Tux and Fanny (Switch or PC)
- 1) OuterWilds: Echoes of the Eye Expansion (yes my favorite game of the year is technically a DLC!)
Favorite Music of 2021
I really tried to think of my favorite albums, but it really seems like artists are doing shorter and shorter releases. I really did like the Tux and Fanny soundtrack, which was a full length, but my favorite releases of 2021 were all EPs. So I guess this list is really “Favorite EPs of 2021”.
- 3) “The Valleys” by Benjamin Mørk, Arve Henriksen (Mørk is one of my favorite musicians and is most known for his “mechanical piano” style of performing. This collaboration with a trumpet player really works well)
- 2) “Winter, Gesture” by Josh Semans (beautiful instrumental music featuring an Ondes Martenot synthesizer)
- 1) “From Nowhere to North” by Nosdam + Rayon (for fans of lofi hip hop, Anticon, and the Notwist)
Posted on December 26, 2021
I created this trixel art style fireplace animation many years back for a neat public art project in San Francisco. I dug the art back up and created a 60 minute long version, which you can find on Youtube. So if you are looking for a retro style yule log video, you found it!