Earlier this year I started work on a project called Make 100 Mini Comics. The goal was to take my 8 mini-comics that I created on 24 Hour Comic Day and make them into a set. There’s a lot of other things I wanted to do with the project too, such as printing them all in two-color Risograph ink, but the biggest challenge by far has been folding the comics. I have about 300 prints of each comic, and it takes me an hour to fold about 150, so I decided to spend most of the weekend cutting and folding these comics until I at least had 150 of each comic ready to be assembled into a set.
Cut and folded 1500 mini-comics this weekend. Now I finall get to assemble them as sets. pic.twitter.com/4rv1vOGH94
— Doctor Popular (@DocPop) July 29, 2018
.@ladycartoonist helped me fold a ton of mini-comics today and then shot this video afterwards. pic.twitter.com/wGWcjOuPmX
— Doctor Popular (@DocPop) July 23, 2018
Folded 400 mini-comics with the help of four friends tonight. About 800 more to do… probably myself. pic.twitter.com/sBj5IdCuXT
— Doctor Popular (@DocPop) July 28, 2018
I have about 500 left to fold, but I’ve managed to assemble 150 sets of comics to ship out to my Kickstarter backers. The rest will be made available online soon.
Leave a Reply