Posted on September 9, 2021
How to season store bought pretzels
I’ve been seasoning store bought pretzels with my own spices lately and love the results. This works great with Szechuan peppercorn, Chinese five spice, chili powder, or anything else you can think up. For the above recipe I use some “Everything But The Bagel” spice from Trader Joes.
DIY seasoned pretzels
- 1 gallon ziplock bag
- 1 bag Pretzels Use your favorite ordinary pretzel (ie Rolds Gold, Safeway brand, etc). If your seasoning has salt, try using unsalted pretzels.
- 2 tbsp seasoning For this example, I use Trader Joe's "Everything But The Bagel" spice, but use whatever you like and season to taste.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Pour your seasoning and 1/2 cup vegetable oil into the Ziploc bag.2 tbsp seasoning, 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Add the pretzels, close the bag, and shake well.1 bag Pretzels
- Let the bag site for 12-24 hours. Shaking the bag every hour or two to keep the seasoning evenly applied.