I love making quesapizzas at home. It’s fun to make these pizza/quesadilla combinations and I think you can be pretty flexible with how you do it. Some folks think they should be open faced and cooked in an oven, but I like to make my quesapizzas more in the style of a quesadilla, but with pizza fillings.
- 1 pan Cast iron works great for this.
- 2 Corn Tortilla
- 1 tbsp Pizza Sauce
- 1 leaf Fresh Basil optional, but it really makes a big improvement
- 5-7 pieces Peperoni
- 1 handful shredded cheese You can use a Mexican or an Italian blend. Either works.
- 1 dash Hot Sauce (optional)
- Heat a pan over medium high heat
- Add the pepperonis and let them cook until crisp (about two minutes)
- On one of your tortillas, add the tomato sauce, shredded cheese, chopped up basil, and crisped pepperonis. Add the second tortilla on top.
- Add a teaspoon of oil or butter to the pan. There should be some oil leftover from cooking the pepperonis too.
- Place the quesapizza on the hot pan and let it cook until the bottom tortilla is brown and crisp. (2-3 minutes)
- Flip the quesapizza and cook that side until it is crisp